We had some friends over last night, and I used them as guinea pigs for a new recipe....
I call it Millionaire's Poke Cake!
- 1 Vanilla Cake Mix, prepared according to instructions on the box
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cup caramel
- 1 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 package shortbread cookies
- Chocolate Sauce for drizzling
- Prepare the cake mix according to the package instructions.
- Fold in the chocolate chips, and bake the cake until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- While the cake is still slightly warm, poke holes all over the cake with the handle of a wooden spoon.
- Spread the caramel evenly over the top of the cake, and refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- Whip the cream, and refrigerate.
- Spread the whipped cream over the top of the cake.
- Crumble the shortbread cookies, and sprinkle them over the top of the cake.
- Drizzle with chocolate sauce.
- Refrigerate about another 30 minutes before serving.
Have you ever made a "poke cake" before? What is your favourite cake recipe?