Monday 3 June 2013

Goldenballs (a.k.a. I Love Lamp)

In the quest for gold accessories to add pops of gold to the future aqua and gold guest room, I have been coming up a bit short. I shared with you my DIY teal and gold word art, and I've found plenty of frames to use for a sort of gallery wall (note to self: must print pictures!)  We already had some gold lamps, but the electrical work on them  is pretty questionable. The people who had them previously did some sort of hack job where they split the cord, so there is one dodgy cord powering two lamps. To be honest, every time  I plug them in I'm amazed that they don't just burst into flames...

Anyway, the moral of the story was that I wanted some new gold lamps, but I hadn't come across any lamps I really liked. On Thursday, I popped into a thrift store next to my dentist's office, and I found these two little ball shaped lamps for £2. I really liked the shape of them, and I thought they would look really nice if I painted them gold.  Now, I forgot to take a picture before I excitedly attacked them with gold spray paint, but they were yellow with some white chips out of them beforehand.  After they were all painted, I named them "Goldenballs".....
Here is one Goldenball hangin' out in our bedroom. I stuck it on top of a few books to add some height, and I think it's pretty cute!

I haven't really used any other gold in our bedroom, but this little display makes me happy. I think it can stick around in our room until the guest room gets painted later this summer.

So...have you gotten on board with the golden trend?  I find it can be tricky to use gold without having it look "old fashioned...anyone else?

This project was inspired by the Ditto DIY challenge..head on over to check out more golden ideas!


View Along the Way: Journey to a D.I.Y. Home

2 comments:

  1. "Goldenballs!" hahaha! I love it! :)

    Those lamps are SUPER cute! Perfect for that spot. Thanks so much for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's fitting, right? haha. Thanks for stopping by, and for being a host for the link up! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...